By The People

There are fundamental flaws in how American government operates today,
contrary to the Constitution and the vision of a representative republican form of governance.
I intend doing something about it: by educating and informing others who
are not even aware of the dangers.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Healthcare

It's been a while since I have posted so I thought it was time that I did. A lot has been going on in my life and I have been busy handling many different tasks.

I have started being a caregiver for a very good friend that suffered a massive stroke. That in itself will be taking up a good part of my time. But I want to stay active in the Libertarian ideology for fixing America, so I am looking at starting a blog talk radio show possibly in January. I will invite guests and I will of course have to have listener call-ins.

So now that I let you in on my life, lets get to the liberty and healthcare issues. Any public option is socialized medicine. And anyone that has read the bill would see how that can be used to adversely affect the patient. Now of course Congress will reassure you that is not the intent of the legislation, but how can they say that when they haven't read it themselves?

There needs to be a law that simply put, Congress cannot pass a law that Congress itself has not read and fully understands. And then explain it to the people that elected you, so that they can offer there own feelings and opinions regarding its benefits to We the People.

The biggest problem with health care is health care coverage. Health care plans are not insurance plans because it is not there as insurance if something goes wrong, it is there to provide the maintenance one needs today in an under nourished and over medicated nation. Quick remedies with flashy ads and strange sounding names have replaced common sense.

The technologies that have made a difference in human health are not drugs. Refrigeration that allows foods to be stored longer without spoilage, basic hygiene as is washing hands after handling anything that can be a possible source of bacteria and virus.

Now medical science on the other hand made leaps and bounds until drugs became the way of the future, our present in medicine.May may now possess the ability to look into the micro world of living virus to observe it in vitro. We have the ability to test non-invasive means such as light and sound and even radio waves to treat and heal.

Simple remedies lick apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide are not even mentioned when we have names like Tamiflu and Nyquil. And it helps relieve all those symptoms. Yes, but it offers no cure for what caused those symptoms and that is the key to my opposition to any health care bill which does not first and foremost, address why health care costs go up.

And if people are getting sicker then it's because of all the processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, fluoride toothpaste, fruits and vegetables that have little real nutritional value, and quick fix drug relief from every little annoyance one may encounter physically.

I'll end my monologue here as I contemplate my Christmas blog.

And Happy Chanukah!

No comments:

Post a Comment