By The People

There are fundamental flaws in how American government operates today,
contrary to the Constitution and the vision of a representative republican form of governance.
I intend doing something about it: by educating and informing others who
are not even aware of the dangers.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Health Care Dictatorship

It's really appalling how Nancy Pelosi pretty much said that we are going to get this health care legislation done whether we like it or not. I don't know about anyone else, but my mission this year is to find every candidate running for office that is NOT an incumbent and do whatever it takes to support them and get them elected. And I am talking about all levels of public office from the city, county and state, right into those marbled halls in District of Crime.

There will be at least four years of increased taxes and cuts in benefits for Medicare before anyone gets anything from this health care legislation. With a cry that it will force competition among insurance providers, instead it will force them out of business as they could not compete with the government's regulations. If they really wanted to ignite competition, they can start by allowing interstate underwriting so that there will be competion among the insurance companies without the government interfering with free trade.

I am currently without coverage and I am not for this health care legislation at all. I ahve written to my Senators and Congressman and told them in no uncertain terms that I want them to reject all this legislation at once and start dealing with the real issues that are killing this nation, namely the Federal Reserve and the Internal Revenue Service, the Fed's private collections agency.

I watched network news tonight for the first time in many months. I wacthed because I was anticipating the results of that NBC poll, and I was not disappointed in the results. Some of the commentary offered afterward was less palatable however it does indicate the strong resentment and lack of confidence that at least half of Americans feel about their elected representatives and the President.

I am looking for the Libertarian Party to make a very strong showing this November, and I will be backing many of them. If you haven't watched the video documentary The Money Masters and Anthony Russo's America: Freedom to Fascism yet, I would suggest you do so before you make up your mind about the candidates in the next election.

1 comment: