By The People

There are fundamental flaws in how American government operates today,
contrary to the Constitution and the vision of a representative republican form of governance.
I intend doing something about it: by educating and informing others who
are not even aware of the dangers.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Democrats Push Health Care reform: Like it or not!

I am reading news stories this morning as I enjoy my coffee. I see where Democrats are now saying that they are ready to push a health care reform bill through Congress whether the Republicans (or the rest of us American people) like it or not.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me the arrogance displayed thus far makes me sick. How dare you Ms. Pelosi? You work for us and we are tired of your faltering on the job. But it will take Californians to recall her, not Oregonians or New Yorkers. But we can make enough noise about it and maybe California voters will hear us too.

I am repeating myself when I say that health care reform starts with the health care itself. We are focused on the costs and not the results of the treatments. I don't care how much it costs, if it is not an effective treatment it is not worth any price.

Although my family history is in medicine and health care, and while I have not chosen that as a career path, I have been intimately involved in both standard and "natural" treatments for various illnesses, and I find that the natural remedies have been most beneficial to me. But collusion among AMA, FDA and Big Pharma has successfully prevented natural cures and remedies from being used by licensed practitioners.

I do not feel that the legislation offered for health care reform will benefit the majority of America. And unless Congress will accept the same health care coverage it is shoving down the throats of Americans, then we will not accept it either.

American freedom is about choice. We are being asked by the government to relinquish that choice in favor of a nanny-government making the choices that are best for you. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid know what is best for you and your family and they want you to trust that they will take care of you.

So when all of the wealth is "redistributed" and there is no more left, who will the government rob next to pay for the entitlements that are being given out now?

No comments:

Post a Comment