By The People

There are fundamental flaws in how American government operates today,
contrary to the Constitution and the vision of a representative republican form of governance.
I intend doing something about it: by educating and informing others who
are not even aware of the dangers.

Friday, May 11, 2012

For Mother


It is that time of year when the greeting card sellers and jewelers all offer the best ideas for Mother's Day gifts. I remember how I agonized as a child when I saw all the lavish presents that were given and thought I could never afford that!

I was fortunate to have a Mother who taught me valuable lessons that have stayed with me throughout my life. She taught me that love and respect above all meant more to her than all the riches offered. She appreciated the little clay bear and ashtray I made in school more than the most expensive gifts that others gave on such occasions. For Mom, she could feel the love that went into the molding and sculpting of that little bear. She felt my thinking of her as I applied the colors to that lumpy ashtray.

Years later, I realized that it had nothing to do with cards and presents. It was always about love and respect. and how one expresses love and shows respect does mean everything. It is easy to do and it costs nothing. And it is appreciated always.

So this Mother's Day, make it about Mother. Live you life in such a way that your Mother will always be proud of you. Act kindly toward others and treat them with the same respect you want for yourself and what you give to Mother.

Smile a lot too. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment