By The People

There are fundamental flaws in how American government operates today,
contrary to the Constitution and the vision of a representative republican form of governance.
I intend doing something about it: by educating and informing others who
are not even aware of the dangers.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Meaning of Liberty

In the past several months I have written about liberty and rights. I have used both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution as evidence of the commitment to liberty our founders made. But I cannot do the subject as much justice, nor can I offer the level of inspiration and motivation that I discovered in this short video with the late Paul Harvey.

In this monologue, Mr. Harvey explains the agenda of  the founders in a way that is contrary to those that I have learned in school or discovered for myself at the library in documentary texts or film.



I trust you will share this with others. We must all know and understand the real sacrifices made to bring this nation into being. It is most relevant that we learn from the past and know what is necessary to restore liberty while it is still possible to accomplish that goal through the ballot box.

But we also must remain vigilant and prepared to fight for our freedom in whatever manner circumstance may dictate.

No comments:

Post a Comment