By The People

There are fundamental flaws in how American government operates today,
contrary to the Constitution and the vision of a representative republican form of governance.
I intend doing something about it: by educating and informing others who
are not even aware of the dangers.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What America Means to Me: or Some Essential Parts of It


I was born in the late 1940's and grew up in the '50's. My formal education began with Jacks & Jill's during 1950 and continued unabated with few summer or winter breaks until I graduated from school and enlisted with The U.S. Navy in '68. I attend school during my entire enlistment and received an honorable discharge during '72 and remained on temporary duty (TDRL) until placed on the retired list in 1974. I decided to continue the pursuit of formal education until graduation 1998. Since that time, I have informally continued my education where my interests dictate.

As I became a young man, my day would typically consist of the common household activities, rising, bathing, dressing and taking breakfast at that point school began. My time at school followed a rigid pattern concerning certain traditions. At the commencement of each day, all students gathered, hands were placed over hearts and the national anthem began and the raising of the U.S. Flag commenced. Before the beginning of the first class, the class would stand beside their desks and, with hand over heart, sing the Pledge of Allegiance. Class followed class until dinner and then classes resumed until time for supper. All students then gathered and the lowering of the U.S. Flag and taps was sound. This ceremonial tradition continued daily, until I transferred into public school during the eighth grade,  where there was little tradition and even less respect.

Years later I took the Oath of Military Service when I Joined the U.S. Navy.

I hold great respect for the Flag, the Pledge of Allegiance, and the oath I took;   however, I have even greater respect for the instrument which our Nation was formed under, The Constitution for the united States of America. In detail, it describes the parts of government and their composition. This document also contains the manner in which the parts are allowed to interact. The Constitution for the united States of America also contains a Bill of Rights which applies to all U.S. Citizens. Amendments have been adopted and repealed since its enactment, which may or may not have had worth. It was written in common English of the time in a manner which was expected to be understood by every U.S. Citizen. This does not mean that all citizens could read but could understand what was being said when another read it out loud.

It holds the foundation of ideas and concepts our nation of people represent.

Many other documents of the time contain a much more detailed account and commentary of arguments, both for and against, the various ideas and concepts involved in the composition. The Constitution for the united States of America remains the only single source document that defines America. All other documents of any nature are subordinate. To be sure, there are many other source documents which support its reasoned construction. The United States Declaration of Independence another U.S. sole source document, which itself has many other documents of the time and previous times with which it is supported. These support documents contain many ideals or ideas which were conceptually incorporated in the composition of its construction.

The People of the United States are the primary governing body. They delegate the day to day responsibility of governance to the Federal Republic through representatives and the combination is bound together under the Constitution for the united States of America. The process of selecting representatives is determined by casting individual votes.

Every U.S. Citizen has the right and responsibility to uphold and defend the U.S Constitution against all enemies. If this single source document and the integral components are allowed to be violated in any way, its' worth is in question. If the Constitution for the united States of America falls due to inattention to its maintenance the Nation falls and the American concept and actuality of a United States of America ceases to exist. It becomes something else that is defined by something else. I vote for the most qualified representatives and candidates that will uphold and defend the Constitution for the united States of America above all else.

I do not believe in political parties and have changed my affiliation many times in order to vote for the candidate best qualified with a proven record of decisions ,that will uphold and defend the Constitution for the united States of America, and that will be beneficial to the Nation.

I Trust Statesmen;  I Do Not Trust Politicians.

I cast my vote to maintain the Constitution for the united States of America first, everything else becomes secondary. If a candidate has a record of any unethical, immoral or improper action of any kind while in or out of office that has damaged the letter or spirit of Constitution for the united States of America, I will not and have never voted for that candidate. I will die first before that consideration is undertaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment